The VQ DE oil pump starts with Special Nissan OEM housing, assembled with our mirror finished billet oil pump gear. This pump, with 30% more flow then OEM or the “hi rev” will provide superior lubrication throughout the RPM range for your application. It comes standard with a high flow billet steel backplate with deeper porting and 5th axis finished ramps. This pump has been validated in multiple extreme horsepower naturally aspirated and turbocharged applications, including the world record holding naturally aspirated 1/4 mile car of Nisformance.
This unit also comes with a preference for relief valve settings for high RPM pressure. The pump comes standard with 2 shims (+ 20 PSI) unless otherwise specified.
All assembled billet pumps undergo the following:
- Pump is thoroughly taken apart, and all parts undergo ultrasonic cleaning, air blast, and hand inspection.
- Pump is hand de-burred.
- Our industry leading mirror finished gear set is used
- Stainless Torx heads replace the stock fasteners
- All fasteners are torqued to spec
- Loctite applied to fasteners to prevent back out or loosening
- Anaerobic sealant applied to critical areas to boost pump up speed and reduce aeration.
- Assembly lubricant applied to all critical surfaces to get oil flowing fast on startup
- Parts are blue printed and issued with specification sheet.
- 1 Shim +10 PSI
- 2 Shim +20 PSI
- 3 Shim +30 PSI