Stage II pumps increase the overall flow by machining a deeper pocket into the oil pump and fitting larger gears in this pocket. This increases the strength of the pump, increases mid-range oil pressure, and increases the strength of the oil pump gears.
The Stage II Pumps have these additional modifications:
- Larger gears are fitted into the oil pump which increases mid range protection and insures compatibility with VVT.
- The pump is shimmed increasing maximum warm pressure from 60 PSI to 70 PSI.
All assembled billet pumps undergo the following:
- Pump is completely taken apart, all parts under go ultrasonic cleaning, air blast, and hand inspection.
- Pump is hand de-burred.
- Our industry leading mirror finished gear set is used
- Stainless Torx heads replace the stock fasteners
- All fasteners are torqued to spec
- Loctite applied to fasteners to prevent back out or loosening
- Anaerobic sealant applied to critical areas to boost pump up speed and reduce aeration.
- Assembly lubricant applied to all critical surfaces to get oil flowing fast on startup
- Parts are blue printed and issued with specification sheet.
Part Number: BP-S2 FITS:
- MIATA 1991.5-2005
NOTE: Customers will be responsible for providing their own OEM crank seal before installing.